Friday, May 4, 2007

NCCC



NCCC?



Must be wondering what does that means right? Well it stands for National Consumer Complaint Centre and the shocking news is that they really do get the complaints through and take action. Not that I am skeptical about our Malaysian organizations bout just that I thought they would not bother about such a small matter... But I lodged my complaint anyhow... and surprise surprise... they did take action.. They sent a showcause letter to the company which i complaint about and forwarded me a letter informing that the matter has been acted on... The company has 7 days to reply....



What did I complain about? Well one fine morning when I was driving up to Pekan (again...) I stopped by this Petronas station on the Karak Highway and bought some tidbits to keep me awake... Amongst them was this bottle of mixed nuts by the brand Mr Best ( Do not ever buy this brand)... So I continued my journey and started munching on the snacks... not very fresh but okay okay la... then after a few bites I picked up something hard.. What was it?


Look at that!! there was a screw amongst the nuts and what nots.... imagine if I wasnt looking at it when I popped it into my mouth thinking it was a weirdly shaped tidbit... I might have gotten tetanus if I swallowed it or something.... Geez... these ppl are so irresponsible.. even worse when they are in the FMCG industry... how careless can you get?


So I lodge a complaint and within 3 weeks they responded.... immediately I got a call from the manufacturer asking about this matter... Then they ask? "Why didnt you call us and settle this matter between us? Why did you just reported us to the authorities?" My response was simple:


If I called you what would you have done? > Say sorry right?


And after that what would you do? > Nothing right?


I rest my case.....


I sincerely asked the lady, imagine if it was your kid who was eating it, he would probably pop it into his mouth and swallowed it right? and she admitted yes and that it would have been a terrible thing. So as a concerned consumer it is also my responsibility to bring this matter forth to the relevant authorities. At least they will actually investigate this matter and prevent it from happening again... But it seems that everyone from that company thinks I want something out of it... I truly dont.. what is the RM3.90? and you think they will compensate you with more money? I highly doubt it...


Today, one of their marketing managers came by my office to pick up the bottle of mixed nuts and obviously he apologised profusely... He seems quite sincere so hopefully something will be done. He asked me whether or not I wanted it replaced? I was like... NOO!!! How can I ever trust the brand again.... You must think I am nuts!!! Plus, it was stale when I opened it.. ewww.... Then he offered to pay me back.. The measly Rm3.90... I just told him it is okay, what I want is just that you actually investigate this matter...


So we shook hands and he said he will give me and the authorities a thorough report.... End of story.

Last pix.. let me show you the bottle.. ADVISE TO ALL : AVOID THIS BRAND!!





No comments: