Thursday, February 12, 2009

Coming Full Circle...

I spent the entire day today researching on engine oil... what are the different properties... what makes them different.. why are certain oils not suitable for certain engines... all in all I was trying to understand the effects of not using the recommended engine oil and whether it would be detrimental? In my case, I found that it was.. coz the grade was too far off....

Anyhow, while I was doing this I realised how far I have come in my knowledge of vehicles...
Flashback 8 years ago...

It was in 2001... This was the year I got my first car... my daddy got me a second hand Honda Civic which was just a year older than me for my 20th birthday... I was the happiest kid on the block.. :D

Unfortunately, my car has a little problem of black oil leakage... so one fine day, when I checked, the black oil level was extremely low.. I decided I needed to top up... Off me and Elaine went to the Petronas nearby and this was what transpired..

Elaine (E) : I want to buy black oil...
Petronas Guy (P) : You mean engine oil?
E : No, I mean black oil..
P : Miss, there is no such thing..
E : Err... issit? Hmm...
P : Miss, I think what you need is engine oil..
E : Hmm.. err... okay, what colour is the oil?
P : Green
E : No, I need BLACK oil...
P : Miss, you need this..
E : Ohkay (full of doubt...)
*Elaine bought it anyway and brought to my car to top up*
E : The guy says this is what we need...
Me (A) : Ohkay..
*opens the bottle's seal...*
A : Elaine...!!! Why is it green?
E : The guy say this is the correct colour..
A : But I need black oil wor...
E : The guy say this is what we need...
A : Sure or not? (face full of doubt)
*Calls Ming (M)...*
A : Ming, my car needs black oil... but the guy at the Petronas gave me engine oil..
M : Correct ar..
A : Is it suppose to be green? I want black oil wor..
M : (laughs) Yes it is green.. and sometimes yellow...
A : But I wanted black oil wor..
M : It only turns blacks once it is in the engine..
A : Oh? Is it? So I put in ar..
M : Yes yes..
A : U sure ar...
M : Yes yes..
*so I poured it in and nothing went wrong to my relief*

Thinking bout this whole scene made me laugh out loud.. how ignorant I was... such a Bimbo.. haha!! I must have been an idiot then... and to think now I tinker with trucks everyday... even telling ppl what parts they required... hahah!!

I have truly come full circle....

4 comments:

mocha said...

and why is ur car running out of engine oil?? it wont go below the quantity if u service ur car and change them on time....

Nihcia said...

hey...it's was leaking okay... Old car meh... :P

mocha said...

ohhh... that old car... haha... sollie... didnt read properly... haha...

Nihcia said...

wasn't I despicting what happened a long time ago? Didn't know I called you recently asking the colour of engine oil...

tsk tsk tsk.. :P