Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lazy Day 8 and flowery day 9...

Day 2 in Amsterdam is a no plans day... yeah... we had to stay so long to catch Keukenhof's flower parade (which ended to be such a disappointment)....

So we decided to spend our day leisurely waking up late and walking over to the Heineken brewery which was just within walking distance of our hotel... We decided to go for the Heineken Experience Tour... :)

The ingredients to a good beer... Water, barley, hops and the all important yeast A!

Barley and hops...
Cooked barley... Doesnt have much taste...hmmm...
After the long tour...we get to have a taste of the freshly brewed beer... you cant get any fresher than this...
A little tip from the bartender...if you glass is really clean you can judge the drinker's drinking abilities by just looking at his glass.... Every mouthful that is taken will leave a ring of foam... The fewer rings the better the drinker... My sis is so the lousy drinker..haha!!
This is quite cool... looks like little tanning booths but they are actually pods which you can view all the past Heineken advertisements...
After the whole tour is completed we get another 2 glasses of beer... so this time I tried the Heineken super cold 0 degree...:) Could not stomach the 3rd glass at noon so I just left without...
The rest of the day was just spent walking about shopping malls.... And of course we had to have the infamous rijtaffel which is an indonesian set meal popular in Amsterdam... That is all for 2 person only...
Now the next day was Keukenhof day... we had to take the bus out of town and look at the line...
Finally after 2 hours we reached Keukenhof...there were throngs of ppl... oh my God!! Is half of Netherlands all here? But when you actually get there... your jaw drops..and the first thing that crosses your mind is... "are these flowers fake?" then you reach out to touch them and they are real.... Whoa....
Cute upside down flower... :)
Now after a day of flowers and plants... time to get my weed fix... hahah!! I just had to... how can I go to Amsterdam and not have a slice of the well talked about Space Cake? (I was told to try mushrooms as well but I think I shall draw the line at the cake...) Looks pretty normal to me...
The shop told me that since it was my first time...just eat half and after 30 mins I should feel something... So I ate half and waited... tick tock tick tock.. after 45 mins..nothing wan? So I decided to eat the other half.. hey!! dont waste.. It's Euro5 per slice... then tick tock tick tock... bout 40 mins later when I was sooooo sleepy and about to doze off the feeling hit me.. Everything just became less sharp and more difficult to focus... hmm... what good timing...i was too sleepy to get into the feel of it..so I just went to sleep..ZZZZzzz... hahah!! next morning I woke up with a bit of a daze..still not as focused as compared to normal... felt queasy but I was quite conscious... Perhaps I am not suited to get high... haha!!
The next day was another wake up late... have lunch and head out to the harbour to catch our ferry day... We took and overnighter ferry to London... :)

3 comments:

Lain said...

Pretty pretty flowers! Should've brought home some cake:D

mw said...

Wait.. I count 7 empty beer glasses. You must love your beer :)

Nihcia said...

E: You would then have to visit me in jail... :(

MW: Those were for everyone on the tour.. I only had 1... :P