Monday, April 21, 2008

Light at the end of the Tunnel....

Finally.... it looks like my KK climb is finally being materialized... after the long wait... Mount Kinabalu here I come!!! hehe!! In about 7 weeks I shall conquer or be conquered... haha!! Definitely need to start on some intensive training or I will be doomed...
My journey towards this trip was long and hard... haha!! Bought the flight ticket last September I think.... but when we wanted to book the rooms at Laban Rata they said reservations can only be made in 2008... So we waited...
Come 2nd week of January 2008 we tried booking... and guess what? We were told the dates chosen were fully booked... What do all the climbers do? Wait for the clock to strike midnight on 31 Dec 2008 and start booking... Then it just went downhill from there... tried all the options and all the contact I could get my hands on and to no avail... A month later we gave up and decided to just join another group of ppl who have extra bookings of rooms but were climbing a week earlier.. means we needed new flight tickets... haiz...
Luckily we didnt book the new tickets yet coz bout 3 weeks ago I got a call from a travel agent which a good fren of mine called in a favour for... he said he managed to get a place for us at Waras Hut... better than nothing... called my fren told him what was being offered and we confirmed immediately... yaaay!!!!
This was the beginning of multiple phone calls for booking, payments, hotel booking at the foot of the mountain... (got then dun have then got then dun haf...) transportation up and down... For once in my whole career with Isuzu, where I worked at actually benefitted me. The travel agent said he didnt know I worked in Isuzu and coz of that he slashed the transportation cost from RM300 to RM100... Wow!! a RM200 discount just coz I worked in Isuzu? Wonder why? When I find out I shall update this post... haha!!
So now that everything is almost confirmed.... the one thing left to do is Shopping!!! hehe!! I need to get a proper bag, proper shoes, a walking stick and whatever else that will complete my hike!! I definitely hope there will be more hikes to come in the future or I would have spent all the money buying the stuff for one single hike!! Yikes!!! haha!! Oh well... have been wanting to climb Mount Kinabalu for quite some time now so it's worth it (or maybe I should save the statement for after I the trip)...
For now it should be intensive training for me... my fren say target is to be able to go up and down Batu Caves 8 times minimum... I havent even tried going up once... haha!! We shall see my fitness level when I attempt it for the first time.. see see half way puncture already.....hee hee!!

2 comments:

mocha said...

more goodies after this i suppose?? haha... all the best in your training and climb!!!heheh

Nihcia said...

Wei... I tot you were suppose to train with me? You need to train carrying me ma... hehe!!