Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sentimental me...

Was packing my stuff for a long holiday with my family and my mum and sis were being paranoid bout the house being burglarised.. so insisted that all jewellery be kept... of course my sis then said..."small small ones no need to keep la..." I said nope.. all must keep then... With that said.. I realised I am one heck of a sentimental person when it comes to my belongings... Even little pieces of jewellery that I have, be it big or small has some sort of memory etched within it... memories of past birthdays, anniversaries, valentines, graduations etc... which I am not willing to part with and will be very sad to part with...
I remember the time when my first Swatch watch stopped working... I was sad for a week... Even when my first Perlini's Silver earring got lost... I was also upset with myself for so long for being so clumsy and losing it.. They may not have any monetory value but they were high in sentimental values which I cherish and keep close to my heart... each item will bring me back to a moment in my past...
The funny thing was, as I was thinking bout all this... all of a sudden, my mine started running wild... "What if the burglar was a father with kids... and he saw my rack... and decided to ransack it as well" (btw, my rack is filled with soft toys of all kinds and other decorative items...) Just having the thought of the possibility of losing or breaking any one of those items actually started to make me tear a little... Gosh...!! I have never realised that i was such a sop... haha!! I will probably cry buckets if that actually happens... I have kept everything that was ever given to me which had some sort of memory attached to it... on my racks, in boxes, in my table etc....
It has never been a habit of mine to keep everything away tightly sealed in some boxes based on certain times of my life... I still leave everything out where it has been from before... I believe that every bit of my past makes me who I am today and therefore there is nothing to hide of keep away about it.. I know many may differ in their thoughts on this.... but for me, it just seems right.
Well, last nite really made me realised (I mean I have always known but...) how extremely sentimental I am... I think this would come as a shock to many of my frens who are not very close to me... My persona and character does not despict such a nature in me I think... Well, I suppose you cant really judge a book by it's cover coz I am really a big Softie inside.. :D

2 comments:

mocha said...

talk about being sentiMENTAL... haha..i think i haf the mental part... hehe... i haf shit load of rubbish in my room...and i dun really throw away my belonging... haha.. and i hardly sell them away even though i dun need them...
when i was cleaning my room in the mess last week, i finally threw away a lot of rubbish from the time i commissioned...haha... and it wasn't easy to separate them but i just need to do it otherwise i wont haf anymore space in my place... haha...

Nihcia said...

haha!! I know what you mean... I am so lacking in space now... but kenot part with them la.. hehe!!