Monday, December 13, 2010

How times have changed.

Do you remember during the good old days where many little Chinese kopitiam still existed? Then you would see many old uncles and grandpas just sit along the outside of the kopitiam with their backs facing the kopitiam?

They would stare out to the streets and chat amongst themselves.. I always wondered what were they looking at??!! Cars passing by? Or ppl walking by?

Well today I witnessed it again but under a very different circumstance. I am now sitting in Starbucks. An indoor Starbucks I must add and right in front of me sitting outside of the shop is 2 uncles sitting on either sides of the table with their backs against Starbucks looking outwards and having a chat. How times have changed from a mere streetside kopitiam to a shopping mall Starbucks but what hasn't change is the good old tradition of meeting up with your friends over a cuppa.

Think it didn't matter to them what the view was.. What's important is the companionship of a few good friends.

Looking at them gives a warm fuzzy feeling and it puts a smile of my face. I hope when I grow old I would be able to have such a ritual. Then I must have lived a blessed life filled with wonderful friends.

No comments: