Monday, January 4, 2010

A kick start to 2010

I celebrated my new year's eve getting to know a whole group of new frens thanks to "Uncle"'s invite to his new pad for a get-together.... There was good food, "Sex on the beach", great company and to top it all off a fantastic rooftop view of the KL skyline... At the stroke of midnite the skies were all filled fireworks near and far lighting up and smoking up all of KL as far as the eye can see... It was kinda cool to watch so many fireworks all at one shot... the benefits of living in a condo with a sky lounge and loft huh? The gathering was definitely one of my more enjoyable new year celebrations... perhaps it's a sign of maturity (hate to use old age) that I prefer a more laid back celebration.... :)


To kick start my new year, what better way than to go hiking... yeah rite... I could think of a million other ways - nah..actually just one... to sleep in!! Haha!! But anyway... woke up at 0630hrs and headed to Cheras for my hike up Bukit Apek... The whole time I was driving and hiking there was only one thing on my mind... WHY??!!! Haha!! Why did I agree to such torture the first day of a new year? It was during the early stretches of the hike that I had to acknowledge my lack of exercise throughout 2009... I was sooooo UNFIT!!! haha! I was huffing and puffing all the way.... luckily I didnt give up and managed to reach the peak... but there was no view... Isk.. what a let down.. took us 1hr 40mins to hike to the summit... But the worse was yet to come.. thanks to my smarty pants fren who thot that he would know the way and decided to take a different route down... It took us 2hrs and 20 mins.... yeah... it's a first for me...that the hike up is shorter than the hike down (except for KK when I busted my knee but that's a different story...). Anyhow, lesson learnt... only hike if there is proper guide who knows his way.... or else stick to the beaten road...
the starting point....
I spent the rest of the day napping... My sleep deprived body was complaining... haha!! :)

So what is my new year resolution? never really had any specific targets but I would like to try and lose some weight, get fit, better myself in all ways possible and to have "HOPE".... with hope things just dont seem as bad... :)

Wishing everyone a fantastic year ahead.... Make it the best you have ever had... Carpe Diem... :)
*pictures of food and ppl were flitched from Kevin... (ooopss..hope u dont mind...)

No comments: