Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fedex = Fed Up

All those advertisement about them reaching all over the world and delivering everywhere and anywhere on time is bullshit!!! What is worse? Their customer service sucks!!

I had a package courier out of New Delhi, India on last Saturday evening... Okay so it was past the cut off date... So lets make it Monday... based on their website www.fedex.com which has a rates and transit time calculator, I should be getting my parts by Wednesday 6pm at latest... but when I check today.. guess what they said? Not even a sorry, mind you... just " Maam, our systems says that the parts will arrive in KLIA on Thursday (unknown time) and after clearance it will arrive at your location by Friday!!! "Friday!!! If ppl were to use a courier service obviously it was urgently needed... If we could wait a week we might as well just use air freight instead of courier!!!
The customer service officer was seriously the last straw... This was what transpired between us:

Me: So where is the package now?
Fedex: It is in transit maam
Me: Has it left India?
Fedex:It's on transit maam
Me: Has it left India?
Fedex: Our system says it has just left the Fedex station and is on it's way to the airport
Me: Why does it take so long.. ? Is the distance between New Delhi and the airport that far?
Fedex: Our system says it is in transit maam
Me: So is it not possible for me to get the parts by Wednesday?
Fedex: Maam our system says it will arrive on Thursday maam
Me: Why does it take 2 days to fly from India to KL?
Fedex: Our system says it will arrive on Thursday maam. That is the latest update.
Me: Firstly, isnt a courier service suppose to be overnight? So if I sent it out on Saturday it should have arrived already.
Fedex: But maam, you package was submitted after the cut off date and they are not working on Sunday maam.
Me: Fine. So lets take it as Monday. I should get my package tomorrow right? (today is tuesday)
Fedex: Maam you package was give after the cut off time so we could not process it earlier.
Me: Yes!! I understand!!! What i am saying is lets take it as Monday.... the package should still arrive by tomorrow at latest.
Fedex; Maam, my system in front of me says it will arrive on Thursday.
Me: So why did it take you 2 days to bring the package from the station to the airport and another 2 days from the airport in India to KLIA?
Fedex: Maam, my system in front of me which is the latest update says it will arrive on Thursday. We have no further updates.
Me: Is that all you can say??
Fedex: Maam the system right in front of me says your package will arrive on Thursday. This is the latest update i have.
Me: Okay!! Fine Fine..
Fedex: Is there anything else I can help you with Maam?
Me: No. Since you didnt really help me in the first place.
Fedex: Thank you maam.
UUURRRRGGHHH!!!! I was so mad at the end of that conversation my whole face turned literally red!!! God!! How can such a customer service exist.. Plus he had the cheek to ask me whether there was anything else I needed help with!!!HELP? What help did he give??? Might as well just save the money and dun hire the customer service is the first place.... Total waste of money since they can answer nothing...
But logically... Dont you think 5 working days is a bit too long for a courier service? They do call themselves courier and not freight services right?If I could air freight the items in and still get it in 5 working days.. Why do I need a courier service then? Obviously because I wanted it faster than 5 days!!! I just cant phantom why it took them 2 days to bring the package to the airport in the first place... and then to top it take a 2 day flight from India to KLIA... You would think the circled the world first!!!
So all the expensive advertisement for what? To con us; the poor innocent fools who believe they really can do it!! Advise to all... FEDEX CANT DO IT!! IT IS A BIG FAT LIE!!

No comments: