Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Phantom of the Opera



On a lighter note!! Yaaay!!! I am finally going to watch the actual Phantom of the Opera musical!! showing at the Esplanade (the huge durian) in Singapore!!! My show will be Sunday night (29 Apr 07) @ 8.00pm... :))))))))) I am all smiles.. this has been one of the musical I have always wanted to watch.. of course watching it at broadway would have been much better not since I had no luck in New York so will settle for the esplanade..


Yup... I went to NY and did not see any musicals on broadway... how could I right? I thought so to but it really wasnt my fault... I desperately wanted to watch but apparently booking 3 weeks in advance was not enough...!! Can you imagine that... before I went, I searched online to book my tickets and they were sold out... SOLD OUT!! can you imagine that.... The only ones available were the VIP ones which cost bout USD 250++/person... With the exchange rate... I dont think I am rich enough to fork out nearly RM1k just to watch phantom of the opera no matter how desperate I was..... It just was not worth that kind of money when I am not rich!! So my sister said that we could try our luck by going to broadway itself and going to their discount counter which sometime sells the ticket of the actually day at discounted prices if there was availability and it was not full.. and guess what? IT WAS FULL!!! and it was christmas eve... dun americans have a christmas dinner to go to or something? apparently... i would think most Americans would celebrate their christmas with their families but apparently I was wrong.. everyone was at broadway.. there was no show available... Phantom? Sold out.... Tarzan? Sold out.. Lion King? Sold out... Wicked? Sold out.... Mary Poppins? sold out.... Stomp? sold out.... Hairspray? Sold out... Colour Purple? Sold out... and the list just goes on and on and on.... so what did I see.? the cutest electronic billboard which keeps flashing M&Ms since it was on top of the M&M shop... it was so cute!!! the shop was really all M&M in all forms you can even think of...but that is for another posting.. Shall leave you with an M&M billboard picture taken.. :)


1 comment:

mocha said...

i jeleous!! must make a point to go the next time around...