Sunday, November 28, 2010

My little Skytrex adventure...

After a botched up ATV plans I decided to go for a Skytrex instead... Managed to get one friend to go with me since everyone else were not too keen... So off we went...

In the feeder bus to the Skytrex base... I am excited.. Can you tell?
All geared up!!!
After the first flying fox landing... I am still pumped.. The first jump was pretty scary considering it was really high up (approx 60ft up in the sky...)
Up another stair ladder.. those were the worst in my view.. way more tiring than the rest of the challenges... and there was 3!!!! :(
Wheeee!!!! I am flying!!! :D Walking across a series of upright pipes strung across 2 trees...

All the challenges were pretty moderate until it came to this one... "monkey bars"!! Way up in the sky... I have not played monkey bars for years now... haha! I am not sure my arms could take my weight!!! After a few deep breaths I attempted and...

YAAAYYY!! I made it.. hahaha!! I could actually swing myself across the entire stretch!! I didnt give up... *beams with pride* too bad no pics of me on the bars.. :(
Ackson obviously made it across as well... Unlike the guy behind him who gave up after the first rung and just pulley-ed himself across.. so embarassing...
More stairs... :( dont be fooled by the smile.. I hated them...
Look ma!! No hands, no hands!!! :D haha!! Walking on a tightrope...
A transversed stair ladder... pretty easy stuff.. :D

We are almost done... climbing down now...

Check the second last challenge... This one looks fun!! We had to swing on the ropes from one plank to the other making sure we catch the next rope when we landed...

After I got the hang of it, it was fun but I did fail during my first attempt.. lucky me I had the harness... *phew*
Final obstacle before we were done...
Okay... end of route... back to the base...
At the end of our little adventure... It was ALL Good..!!! :D

Hmmm... Definitely something I would go for again... any takers? :D hehe!!

For those who want to know more, check out http://www.skytrex-adventure.com/ for more details of the different routes available.. I went for the extreme at RM45 a pop.. not too bad a price I think considering it was a 2 hours trail...

No comments: