Monday, July 7, 2008

Point, Aim & Shoot!!

Early Sunday morning (and I mean early!!!) I headed out (okay, I got driven there) to Port Dickson's military shooting range, Lapangsasar (dun know which location) to have a go of shooting M16. It was an open to public event and the crowd was way more than we expected... there was more than a hundred ppl there... Well, being that there isnt much opportunity to shoot an M16, it should have been expected...

"Satu Peluru, Satu Musuh" Fuh!! sounds so macho....haha!!

The range.... our target was 200m away...

The weapon.... M16...

The ammunition... 5.56mm

Anyway.... we had to be splitted into groups of 4 and since we had 5, I volunteered to join another team which was lacking a player.... And we sat and waited our turn under the scorching and unforgiving sun... (forgetful me left my cap at home... ) I was almost charred before it was my turn...

Then we propped ourselves on the ground... was told to look through this tiny hole, fine a tiny needle which we needed to aim towards the tiny target... Without aiming I could barely see the target and after squinting through the tiny hole, it was lost... I could see my teammate's tiny target coz the X mark was still on but apparently mine was so well shot that the X has already disappeared.. so I aimed towards the vicinity of my so called target and shot...

First shot : Missed... too high and too left
Second shot : Missed... still too high and too left
Third shot : Missed... a bit too high but centered
Fourth shot : Missed... just above the target
Fifth shot : Missed... still just above the target

And that was the end of my shooting activity... after waiting for more than 2 hours and shooting and missing 5 shots... we were done for the day.. how disappointing.. :( But the experience was still real cool... hehe!! I am just obviously not a sharp shooter...


Ada gaya, tak ada mutu... tapi takpe, janji gaya mesti ada... haha!!!

Throughout the whole day, Ming kept on telling us how sharp a shooter he was... cheh!! :P siap with the story of them requiring to run from 300m, propped themselves down, aim and shoot the target all within 40sec... and what was worse, when I got home, my dad told me the same story... only thing he added was that he could do it in 18sec... Jeez... all these army ppl gloating... and they gloat about the same thing... isk isk isk... 30 years ago it was this story, now 30 years later still same story... haiz.... hahahaah!!
But anyway... thanks Ming was bringing us there... :)

5 comments:

mocha said...

ok ok... i didnt wanna say anything less than 30 secs la...later u guys feel inferior pulak... so i put it as 40 sec la... mana tau the senior is even worse!! hahaha....nvr gif chance... 18 secs!! haha....

u guys could haf shot more... only if u guys won the first round la.. hehe.. anyway, surely got next time... haha....

Anonymous said...

why our m16 still don't wanna fix the red dot? every1 else is using it.....

mocha said...

paintballer also using it!! haha...

Ken said...

To what i see it looks fun. Damn you should have told me and I would have when there and tried out the M16. "By holding the guns make me feel macho". lol sound so shallow...lol

Nihcia said...

Ming: haha!! U army guys all the same ler...

Loon: what red dot?

Ken: Next time ler... hehe!! sure got chance wan...