Monday, August 27, 2007

I Did It!!!

Yaay Yaay!!! I completed the MPSJ 10km run!!! Plus I did it within qualifying time.... I completed is 68 mins... not too shabby huh? hehe!!!
I was so sleepy the morning that i woke up... luckily got some morning wishes to perk me up... haha!! Was getting calls left right and center from my colleagues asking me whether I have arrived... Officially we had to be there at 6am.. Ungodly hour right? But the flag off for running is only at 7.30am so I decided to go at about 6.30am.... Unfortunately all my colleagues were there by 6am and i was being rushed.. Okay Okay.... coming coming...
Got there… reported ourselves.. had a warm up session with Reebok… Then off to the starting line we went… Then they flagged us off and you could see drones and drones of ppl invading the streets as if our grandfather owns it… haha!!
Total participants surpassed the 5000 mark which was above and beyond their expectations… There was the 3km fun run, the 5km disabled run, 7 km veteran and teenage run and the 10km open run… I unfortunately only qualify for the 10km so 10km it is la..
Run Run Run….. wah… a bit tired already leh… Look at watch… 5 minutes only.. Aiyo kenot stop yet.. paiseh… Run Run Run…. Really tired already wor… 10 mins only… kenot stop kenot stop!!! So right ahead the summit traffic light, okay… run til there then can stop… run run run… reached… stopped running… haha!! Walk la for now… tired la.. only 12 mins have passed… paiseh paiseh… Aaron also stopped along… Sean stopped earlier on… Waah… uphill leh… cham lor cham lor.. walk a bit more la… walk walk walk… okay, reach traffic light I start running again… run run run… tired back again la.. waah…steep uphill run… not so good… strategy… walk uphill..dun waste energy.. so walk walk walk… okay…reaching peak.. downhill now… Run run run!!! Weee!! Downhill..easy peasy… haha!! But still tiring la.. reach flat ground stop and walk first… catch my breath and start running again… eh… there is this yellow t-shirt girl for Taylor college and this blue t-shirt girl ahead of me… I run then I pass them.. stop to walk then they pass me back.. okay la..mark them as target… hehe!!
So on I went… run run run… then walk walk walk… There was so many uphills runs… Jeez… whoever who chose the route must have been sadistic…. Finally I was approaching the final turn…. It was one final uphill climb, a U-turn and a short run on the stadium track to the finish line…. Upon making the U-turn I started running…. Run Run Run…. (imagine this song which they always play when ppl run wan… I kenot remember the title… the one that everything starts going in slow motion to follow the music… hehe!! ) so finally I could see the finish line… Just a bit more AiChin… run ai chin… Yess!!!!! I have completed the grueling 10km run… in 68 minutes… Managed to shave 12 minutes off my previous record and finished it within the pre-set qualifying time of 75 mins…
I didn’t get a medal unfortunately but I did get a certificate of merit.. :D I was so lucky… They were supposed to give out certs to all those that qualify but somehow or rather they only had 100 certs and I was No.100…. Luck was on my side…:)
Rested for awhile and not much later Aaron completed the run..… he actually called out my name when I was about to enter the stadium… he was on the other side of the road before the U-turn…:)
We were so de-hydrated… we went straight to the 100 Plus line and grabbed 2 cups… 100 Plus has never tasted better…. Such a thirst quencher….but it still wasn’t enough… So we lined up for Milo next…. Also gulped down 2 cups… by then we were feeling much better…. Time to look for Sean… went over to the finish line and saw him just finishing… 3 successful finishes from IMSB….
Will we do it again… maybe… probably… though I did swear the last time that, that would be the first and last time I did it… goes to show.. Never say never…

2 comments:

mocha said...

wah... well done well done.... so proud of u... hehe....

Nihcia said...

hehe!! thanks... Me proud of myself too... :D