Wednesday, August 29, 2007

May It Rest In Peace... :(

My watch just died... sniff sniff... I am so sad... It is one of my favourite watches and just suddenly one day the hour digit refused to appear... Sent it back for repair hoping it can be repaired but yesterday I got a call saying that it cannot be repaired... :( Sniff sniff...

This watch is a Fossil by Phillipe Starck design. It is called a bracelet watch. Designed in 2003 by Philippe Starck for Fossil. Started sales in 2004 if I am not mistaken. It is one of my most unique watches to date. Reason being is that it looks more like a bangle than a watch. Most ppl dont notice that it is a watch until they notice me looking at it constantly for the time and they would ask me is that a watch? Even when they are told it is a watch it takes them some getting used to before being able to tell the time... I like it for its looks and its weight actually. Most ppl complain that it is heavy but I happen to like the weight. This watch is part of a collection designed by Starck which includes a Necklace watch and a ring watch... I only bought the bracelet watch though... Dont need so many time pieces on me... hehe!!

This watch has served me well for the past 2 years.. Got it for my birthday present from my sisters... I dictated the present actually.. hehe!! When I first saw it I was hooked.. Had to have it... so since my birthday was around the corner I ask for it as a birthday present.. :)

So sad... now it no longer functions... There is a 2 year warranty for a one-for-one replacement on this watch but I have misplaced the warranty card so Fossil is still considering whether to take it as a warranty or not.. Either way I wont be getting the same watch back coz it is out of production already.. they will just replace it with one of similar value... :(

Anyway... it deserves a mention on my blog coz I really really liked this watch a lot... Sniff sniff.. I am still sad everytime I think of it and of the fact that it no longer functions fully... :( May it rest in peace... now it is just barely surviving with just the minutes digit on display....

2 comments:

mocha said...

nice looking watch but too bad it is gone... may it rest in a piece!! hehe

Nihcia said...

yalor... so unfortunately that it has decided to not continue its noble duty of telling the time huh?