Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Taekwondo Training by Grand Master Park

Went to training yesterday... It was supposed to be a special session only for black belts as it was being conducted by Grand Master Park who is a 9th Dan Kukkiwon Black Belt from Korea... He is one of the 3 high Dan examiners in the world... He grades people from 6th Dan onwards only... Sadly, me still 3rd Dan... :(
The training session was scheduled from 7.30-10.00 pm.... I was a bit nervous being this was my first time attending such a training... I was imagining training to be as per normal training and this was getting me worried.. How am I suppose to last for 2 and a half hours of training.. Aiyo... so daunting... but I went for it anyway....
See see when the training started it was all amount basics... what are the basics of execution and why it is done so.. How to maximise your own force... I found this all quite interesting.. and certain things surprised me and it seems I have been doing it wrong for the past 15 years.. Paiseh... haha!! But I was disappointed it wasnt a full fledge training.. but then again he was 76 years old.. what would you expect...?
Then we went on to Poomsae... this was a bit draggy... we did it by numbers... then he explain each and every move and stance... then we did it on our own and he explained again... This continued on from Taeguek 1 all the way to Pwongwon which was the pattern for 4th Dan... They continued on with Shipjin but since I have not learned that yet I was spared...
All in all the training session ended at 11.35 pm!!!! Can you imagine that? Then it continued with grading for those lucky few whose time was just right for an upgrade that they got graded by grand master Park himself...
By the time I got home it was already past 12am and i had to wake up at 5.30am the following day.. :( Which is today la..was like a zombie the entire morning.
Anyway... it was quite an insightful training.... will post the group photo once I get it.. and maybe my certificate of participation as well.. ;)

2 comments:

mocha said...

wah...u 3rd dan liao ar?? haha... good good... keep it up...

Nihcia said...

eh? You didnt know meh? Ya.. got it in Jan 2005... :D
Still got a 1 year 6 months more before I can go for my 4th...