Monday, October 22, 2007

26 and counting my blessings....

Yesterday, I turned 26.... yups... I am officially not in my mid twenties anymore and am heading towards unchartered waters of the late twenties.... sounds scary huh?
A few days before my birthday came around, a big piggy told me that I should list out all the ppl who has wished me just as he did for his birthday... waaah.. that sounded daunting coz his list was way way way long... I was like mentally counting how many wishes I think I would get and it wasnt very long... If short list paiseh la wanna put... wait looks like I got no friends... haha!!
Well, apparently I didnt have much to worry about... I am surprisingly blessed.... I am so truly happy that I am remembered by so many of my friends (albeit with some help from friendster) but it is still the thought and effort to wish that counts... So I really thank you all from the bottom of my heart.... May god bless you all...........
So here we go in no particular order except maybe a bit in order of receipt coz I was referring to my msg inbox list.. hehe!! (if I missed out some dun get angry ya... I am getting old... memory not what it used to be so please bear with me....)
1. Mummy ( called me at midnite)
2. Daddy (didnt bother to call at midnite... he went to sleep.. hmmph!! wished me in the morning)
3. Ai May (called me from singapore... yaay!! she remembered... she forgot ai li's... hehe!)
4. Ai Li (called me from home... telling me to come home early as well... )
5. Ming (called me from Melbourne but got my voicemail instead... oops... your voice mail was the first!!! dun worry... haha!! plus you are the only one who has been wishing me for 3 days in a row.. so technically to you I am 28 years old liao.. sniff sniff!! but thank you!!)
6. Elaine (thanks for calling at midnite...so sweet... usually sleep early wan she...hehe!!)
7. Dino ( called me at midnite too!! okay...so they cant be so many all at one go...but all also around that time ler... thanks!!)
8. Pei Chin (sms me on Friday... scared she forget wor...thank you my friend...)
9.Kelvin (thanks for the sms at midnite.. am a bit surprised actually...hehe!! )
10. Mei Sie (thanks for the sms all the way from Singapore... sorry ya.. didnt recognize your number at first...)
11. Benny (Thanks for wishing me in person... bringing me out to celebrate with his friends.. and asking the DJ to announce my birthday... and making me drive you home instead coz you got drunk... haha!! but it was really nice of you to take me out.... and making me freeze in the ice bar for 20 mins....)
12. Benny's friends... (sorry... I couldnt remember all your names... if I name some and dun name some not so nice ma right?but Thank you all of you!!!)
13. Vivien ( thanks for the call....)
14. Melisa (waah... go all the way to Sarawak and still remember me... so sweet... thanks...)
15. Evelyn ( not bad girl... for someone who always calls me to remind her of someone else's birthday... hehe!!)
16. Ahsiekin (you are so consistent.. and I am so bad.. always forget your birthday.. paiseh only..)
17. All my colleagues from Isuzu Malaysia ( Amy, Aaron, Sean, Joseph, Yee Nin, Chew-san and family, Han Kee, Ang, Kang, Rodney, Andrew, Shikin... hmm... didnt i miss out on anyone? if I did sorry ya... old already...)
18. Sonia (thanks for remembering....)
19. Loke (wah...this one really surprise coz when I wish him during his birthday he so busy until didnt even reply...)
20. Shanice (jie jie.... thank you!!! also another one whom I always forget but she remembers... oops..)
21. Jack (thanks bro... really nice of you to remember...)
22. Jonathan (thanks... still got dinner coming right?)
23. Kiat Lian (all the way from Penang and still sms.. hope the leg gets better soon!!!)
24. Ricardo ( thank you thank you!! Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials... such a cute couple...)
25. Boon Hian ( thanks for the sms all the way from melbourne... it's okay that you didnt call..)
26. Sok Guan ( this wan was such a shocker.. really didnt expect a wish from you.. and all the way from Wuxi, China... thanks....!! )
27. Wai Ji (nearly thought you forgot... sniff sniff.. :( but you didnt.. :D thank you!!)
28. Eng Hoe ( Nasib baik got gf already still remember this kai jie... :D)
29. Ching Yee (this wish mad me feel young... 12 hours younger...hehe!! she wished using American timing... I miss you la!! so far away... next year only come back!!! quick la a bit!! )
30. last but not least... all those who wished me on Friendster.... Hizal, Siew Wan, Kenneth, Mei Sie (again..hehe!)...

Update: 31. Dusita-san... thank you very much for the email... :)

Thank you all!!!! You really made my birthday this year a very very very happy one... One of the best I have had... and it is all thanks to you!!! :) I love you all!!! Big hugs!!!

2 comments:

mocha said...

wah...long list of wishes...hehe... very popular leh... haha...

Nihcia said...

Tee hee hee!! I was surprised myself... haha!! usually not so long..just this year.. God must have heard my response to the request and decided to give me a sufficiently long list... :D