Friday, January 18, 2008

Meetings?!!!

Saw another interesting thing a couple of days back.... The thing itself was not interesting coz it was just a calendar.. but the contents caught my eye... haha!! It was a calendar of scheduled meetings...!!! So serious!!! I mean a group of ppl just sat down at the end of the year and plotted out the entire meeting schedule for the next year!! So there will be no excuses of not being informed earlier and that you are busy coz you had a full year to plan... the schedule even dictates the time of the meeting and type of meeting... haha!! Check it out!! All the coloured boxes indicate a meeting....

My Gosh!! So many meetings!!!
Doesnt it look daunting? Imagine the first day you get this sheet and you find out the amount of meetings you have to attend... I would immediate apply for leave... haha!! With so many meetings scheduled, where do you find time to do any actual work... you will be spending your days reporting or explaining bout things you dont know or havent done yet... haha!! the irony of it... so sometimes you really cant blame some managers for being ignorant... but then again I suppose where there is a will there is a way... Coz i spoke to the manager of this company and I asked him where does he find his time? He says he comes in an hour early and leaves 3-4 hours later... just so that he has the time to do his actual work which doesnt revolve around meetings... I salute such dedication... :)

4 comments:

Loon said...

maybe the bonus is like 12 mths kot

mocha said...

i think loon's department also haf as much meeting as that!!

Loon said...

hahahahaha, my dept can do if my boss insist me in doing. but not until the extend of wat to bincang!! takan agenda meeting already can plan! HAHAHAAHAH

Nihcia said...

haha!! kalau-lah 12 months.. I also willing to have this kind of meeting schedule...
Unfortunately, on a normal basis it is low pay and long hours... then see see company not making much profits... so minimal bonus... isk isk isk.. tak patut...