Monday, June 23, 2008

Alone with Kungfu Panda

I finally did it... I finally watched a movie all by myself.... always had a phobia about it... dun know why... it just seems like the most pitiful alone activity someone could do... you sit there alone in the chair with strangers all around you.... strangers who lean over to their friends and whisper... strangers who between scenes comments to their friends... strangers who burst into laughter with someone to share it with.... strangers passing food to each other...
Well, I decided last Saturday to give it a go since a few friends have assured me it wasnt as bad as it seems... Was contemplating between Kungfu Panda and The Hulk while lining up for my tickets... Kungfu Panda was full while The Hulk still had plenty of spaces...hmm.... I decided to go for something light for my first attempt at watching a movie alone.... as well as try out my friend's theory that there will always be a good seat left for a single occupant... hahah!
Walked up to the counter and asked is Kungfu Panda really full? Is there 1 ticket left? Waalah!! There was... haha!! 2 apparently but I chose the nicer more central seating one....
The experience wasnt to bad actually... I still had a good laugh although I was laughing with myself but the show was still entertaining... :) You do feel the need to control yourself from leaning over and talking coz no one is there to listen... haha!! But all in all it was decent...
Would I do it again... ?I suppose but only if I really wanna watch that show and no one is free to accompany me.... What can I say... I am a people person... I like people around me... :D

6 comments:

mocha said...

told u it isnt that bad... next time try full day alone outing!! haha... obrien sandwich for breakkie/lunch, watch movie, jalan jalan and chilli's for dinner... haha.. sounds like a familiar weekend itenery!! haha

Nihcia said...

Actually it was almost a full day outing... I went to wash my car, then had lunch alone at Michaelangelo's and then went walking around.... had Baskin Robbins ice cream... watched movie and then bought Roly home coz he looked so cute sitting by the window....

Only dinner was with friends...

mocha said...

oh yeap...baskin robins on between!! hahaha...

Nihcia said...

Haagen Daz would have been better... haha!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! am proud of you!! but sad to say, i have yet to try it out. i personally think the worse movie to go alone is a romantic one.. :s

Nihcia said...

haha!!Tqtq... was tempted to watch Made of Honour actually...