Monday, June 23, 2008

How much more uncreative can u get?

I heard this advert over the radio this morning and my first reaction when it ended was "Weird"...
It goes like this:

M: Honey, I am home!! How was your day?
W: Uuurgh... the air cond broke down, the children were fussing and dinner is burnt...
M: That's marvelous...
W: Huh?
M: I know what will solve all our problems. Let's get a T****** air cond... It now comes with a stainless steel pot!!
W: Wow! a T******* air cond and a stainless steel pot? That's wonderful!!
*forgive me if I got the script wrong but that is the gist of it....

What the ****???!!!!! Who ever thinks of such an advert... the next time I heard it, I reacted with a resounding "Ridiculous"!! It is just plain weird.... How much more uncreative or unimaginative can one get? So what was it telling you? With the new air cond you kids will not fuss and with the new pot the dinner will not get burnt? It just makes me laugh and cringe at the same time...
Is our advertising industry really so lacking?!! Or was the company so stingy they wrote their own script?
Only God knows.... hahaha!!

No comments: