Friday, March 23, 2007

Amazing Race Asia

Guess what??!!!

I decided to send in my application for the Amazing Race Asia 2... my teammate? Amy!!! she has been my colleague for about a year and a half in Isuzu... our cubicles are next to each other... we always talk across the divider... share food across the divider.. pass things over across the divider... hhaha!! everything is across the divider.. and if we wanna gossip, we will msn each other across the divider... haha!! shhh... no one is suppose to know.. we are working you know... !!





Now which is amy? Well first, do you recognize me? might look a bit different from the funky haired girl huh? I am the one on the left and amy is third from the left... this is not a recent photo... almost a year ago... so we look a bit different now.. the hair is all short now.. but couldnt find another picture of us in my home pc..everything is in the office pc... hmmm....come to think of it, it is time i transfered them home...

Now for the famously asked question.. WHY?!! this come after the first reaction of cool!! haha!! I dun know.. when i first found out there would be an asia version I was so excited... wanted to participate then actually but I found out too late so this is my second chance...

Anyway... the teammate I had in mind was actually not Amy.. it was Ching Yee, one of my best friends for way way back then... I have known her for 12 years now... we are both TKD exponents... Unfortunately she is one up from me now since she got her 4th Dan while I am still on my 3rd.. so unfair.. :( So anyway..... this second season either came to late or too early depending on how you look at it... She left for the States a week ago for a 13 months stint as an au pair.... so unlucky me.. lost a good partner... we would have been a strong team..literally.... but then strength is not everything so that is where Amy comes in... (dun la think that she is just a stand in...she isn't!! I swear!! she knows about Ching Yee anyway...)

So how do you think me and Amy will fare? haha!! we are quite opposites... She is the girly girl while I am (though still girlish) the rough tomboy one.... the one who is more adventurous and love outdoor activities.... but Amy is up to try anything at least once... managed to persuade her to go caving with me once... haha!! (she said it was her first and last attempt but she went anyway...) but we work well together and we enjoy each other's company... at least I do... So our strategy is i will do all the jumping stunts and she will do the eating stunt... that is one thing I just dun think I can handle... i dun even eat internal organs for God's sake.. much less anything weird... haha!! but then again she also gets quesy... we shall see how... so many hurdles to go over before we actually do it if we get selection....

First hurdle: Filling up the form and making the video... the form requires answers for things which i have never really considered... have to ponder more on that... and the video.. with the deadline approaching we still dont know what kind of video we will make...

Second hurdle: Taking a 30-40 day hiatus from work... now this is the biggest problems.. we both are so loaded with work that it seems impossible for us to take leave for such a long period of time.. and there is the matter whether the company will allow such a thing... but then again we only need to think about this if we get short listed first...

Third hurdle : Packing light!! Never possible for me.. I am like the 'just in case' girl... always need extras of everything just in case.. but I can't be trotting around asia with a truck load of things right? but 30-40 days... that is such a long time to pack for...

Oh well... wish me luck!!!


No comments: