Monday, February 11, 2008

Fish Spa anyone????

Read about this place in the Sunday papers about a week or so ago... Ai Li had a go... so this time around... since we had nothing to do during the CNY holidays... Ai Li, Ai May, my mum and I decided to give it a try as well.... The place was on the 5th floor of Pavilion....

Looks seemingly innocent enough....

The very much talked about fish spa....

Inside the place... ppl happily sitting down looking at their feet being bitten....

A nice cozy corner with an outside view.....

Pretty legs all in a row....

Okay... now we have had the preview.... let me explain a little about the fish spa treatment itself... Well the fishes used are Garra Rufa fishes which are imported from Turkey... they are known as 'Doctor Fish' to some... It's like a sort of exfoliation whereby these little fishes would nibble on the dead/scaly skin on your feet leaving they smooth and soft... It is even said that the micro massage promotes blood circulation and eases proriasis and minor eczema...

For the act itself.... when it came to our turn we were led to a tank facing the window with the city view but after looking into the tank!! My gosh!! the fishies were huge!!! They I looked at the other tank... oh they were much smaller... I chickened out with Ai May and we went for the smaller fishes leaving my mum and Ai Li to the mercy of the large fishes... little did we know.. although smaller... there was much more of them!!! Eeeeekkkss!!!

Eeepps!!! My feet!! My feet!!! the first 5 minutes was torture.... i kept on lifting my feet out of the water every 10 secs or so... I was just squirming in my seat... you can really feel their nibbles... and it just feels ticklish and ewww... at first... but after you got the hang of it, it wasnt so bad....
Ai May's feet must be really dirty andn full of dead skin... the fishes swarmed her feel as if they were starved for a week!!!
Look at the size of that!!! I called this one an 'Ikan Kembung" coz it was literally the size of one... This sucker was permanent on me be it my left or right foot.. it just refused to go to anyone else's feet... dont know why... and when it nibbles... you can REALLY feel it... ewww... I had to sit there for 30 mins enduring his nibbles....

Trying to look as if we are enjoying outselves....

Even real men go for foot spa... haha!! the funny thing was that they were more worried than the women... while the women all stopped squirming after awhile these guys kept their feel constantly close to the surface and kept on lifting it up throughout 30 mins... Tough men huh? hahah!!!

Well for sure, this is definitely not for the faint hearted... but if you are curious, I would recommend you try it out... just for the fun of it... RM38 for a 30 mins session isnt too bad... would I go again? Maybe... would I make it a habit? I think not!!! The sight of the fishes nibbling on you and feeling them between your toes is not something you get used too... haha!!!

2 comments:

mocha said...

very good business ar.... RM38 for 30 mins... look at the amount of ppl there la.... its a one time investment nia...hehe... no need hire masseuse... no need to feed the fish... and for all u know they caught the fish in the lonkang or pool somewhere around puchong... hehe...dun think so ppl not satisfied la... an unsatisfied customer wouldn't know how to complain... especially when the masseuse are fish!! hehehe....

Nihcia said...

haha!! they fishes got proper food to eat wan la.. plus after certain period of time kenot use liao must get new ones.... old ones need to regenerate....