Monday, February 4, 2008

Need to claim insurance?

Heheh!! This is something hilarious which happened to me yesterday... but first things first... let me give you some background... hehe!! My Eldest sister Ai May has been in Singapore for 15 years or so now.. Since she got the Asean Scholarship and so on.... she stayed on, married a Singaporean etc.... hence from the day she moved to Singapore she never had any access to a car except for when she comes back to Malaysia for short holidays... Being like most Singaporeans, mode of transport consist of the MRT and Taxis which are so convenient over there... Her husband is also likewise and being that half his career was spent in China, there is even less reason why they should get a car...
However, a couple of months ago they decided to buy a car... A Honda Civic no less.. (car there cheap ma... 70K++ for a civic.... cheap right?) So they book for a car... my bro-in-law went for a refresher course... (hey, he got his license 20 years ago and never drove since then...) and last month, they got their hands on their car...
So now that you know a bit of history... let me clue you in on the conversation which transpired yesterday.... (AM: Ai May and AC: Ai Chin)

AM: Hello, Ai Chin ar?
AC: Yes?
AM: My husband knock the car again.. he knock the side mirror... and now there is this black line on it... how do I get it off?
AC: What did he knock it against?
AM: The CashCard slot machine la.. he estimate wrongly and scratched the side mirror.. now got this black like.. how do I get it off?
AC: Erm... firstly... is the black like residue from the machine or is it your paint which is scratched off? Is it an indentation?
AM: Ya... it's an indentation...
AC: Means scratched off ler.. nothing you can do unless you want to spray it back ler...
AM: Huh? Means I need to spray my whole car ar?
AC: No no!! Just spray the side mirror...
AM: We were thinking need to claim insurance liao.... spray whole car...
AC: Haha!! No need no need..... just spray the side mirror.. no need to spray whole car... but then no one sends their car in to just spray a side mirror la.. either way if you wanna spray also it should cost less than SGD100 la..
AM: Oh oh... okay. We plan to ask them to spray when we send for first service 1000km...
AC: Okay okay..up to you... should be quick..
AM: Nolar... we are still slightly over 100km after 1 month... and this is the second accident liao...
AC: Where did you knock...?
AM: Him la!!! He reversed into a wall..
AC: No reverse sensor meh?
AM: Got but then he thought still can go so he went.. then now got some white lines... Think the wall rubbed off on it..
AC: If just the wall rub off possible can polish la..
AM: Okay okay.. send car for polish...
AC: Okay la.. that's all right?
AM: Ya ya.. that's all...
AC: Bubye..
AM: Bye Bye..

Heheh!!! I wonder sometimes.. are ordinary ppl really so ignorant when it comes to car? I am not insulting my sister but I realised that sometimes when you hear ppl talk about cars.. it cracks you up with the funny things which ppl think of... like my first accident where the guy was telling to tell me that since he knock one spot all I need to do is spray one spot and not the entire door... or like my sis... scratch one side mirror spray whole car.... A spray shop was even trying to con me with a lousy spray job saying that it is the norm... or my mum not believing me when I said her car was leaking... her whole rear legroom was wet down to the carpet but she kept on saying it must be one of the water bottle which was leaking.. Toyota wor.. kenot possibly leak...(hello... even if it was it should only be one side and not both sides right?)... Small small things which for me being in the automotive industry is like basic knowledge is beyond their comprehension or understanding... hmm....
Not forgetting this perception that you buy insurance to keep not to claim... everyone is advising me not to claim my bumper or I would lose my NCD... hmm... firstly... the total claim came up to RM2k++ which I thought was worth it to claim.. plus this being the second time I claimed... I would have already lost my NCD for the first year anyway.... (there is also a perception that if you lose your NCD, you will lose it for the lifespan of the vehicle... which is not true...)... so why not claim right? nothing to lose... plus I do not pay excess so it is totally FOC... (older generations always thinks there is excess and it is not worth it to claim... like my mum etc)....
Anyway... it just tickles me to think of my sister telling the spray shop that she wants to spray the whole car because she scratched her side mirror... or even submitting an insurance claim to respray the whole car coz she scratched the side mirror... hee hee!!!

5 comments:

mocha said...

i think they shud consider a bumper car instead of honda civic... hehehe.... belum 100km sudah 2 kali accident... hehe... 100km is like me going to work in less than a week... hehe....

Nihcia said...

haha!! yalor... but they mengada...wanna get civic... should have gotten a smaller car for familiarization first huh? hehe!!

mocha said...

exchange wif yours la... hehe... :P

Nihcia said...

Hmm... on a norm it would be a more than happy exchange but my bro-in-law bought the 1.6L version... (not available in Malaysia)
No fun ler... so big car so little power... hehe!!
Plus, scratch the side mirror have to spray whole car.. too costly for me to own ler.. hehe!!

Loon said...

honda civic got 1.6 punya kah? if got, maybe new engine with improved vteci kot? should be nicer to drive, i heard the bigger cc's engine is frm old accord punya mah, older tech altho bigger cc lah. should kasi muka to newer tech mah hahahahahahaa

kasi tikam itu nombor lah! 2 x terlanggar, takan num tak keluar keluar