Monday, February 11, 2008

Reunion Dinner.....

Happy CNY!!! As usual I went back to Singapore for my family's reunion dinner... Left KL at 1400hrs and arrived at about 19hrs... considering it was during the festive season, traffic was quite good actually... unfortunately dinner started extra early this year and they started without us...:( luckily we were not far behind... hehe!!!
As a tradition on my mum's side, the reunion dinner is always cooked by the siblings (being my uncles and auntie) and mostly the dishes we cooked by my uncles... yup... tradition dictates that the men goes into the kitchen during CNY... hahah!! But they are all great cooks....
Look at what I had for dinner....
17 dishes for a dinner for 17 person... just nice... each one gets one dish... hehe!! As usual, my reunion is always taken standing around the table with a bowl in hand and a pair of chopsticks to grab whatever we wanted to eat!! Yummy!!!
We had 2 soups... one sharksfin soup...(yummilicious!!! My fav but by the time I got there very little was left... ), abalone soup... chicken stuffed with glutinous rice, braised abalone, braised mushrooms with 'fatt choy', prawn fritters, prawn fritters with seaweed and beancurd skin, sweet and sour fish, assorted vege, beef&pork wraped around japanese pickled cucumbers, pork and chicken 'kao zhi' (compliments of my soon to be cousin-in-law from China), some mix vegetarian dish, fried leek with chinese sausages, sweet and sour fish maw & sea cucumber, braised pork trotters and fried meehoon.... Waah... by the end of the meal... we were too full to talk, sit or stand.... hahah!!! It was all good!!!

2 comments:

mocha said...

wah.... 17 dishes...hehe... nice nice.. haha....

Nihcia said...

heheh!! I also think so.. too bad not enough sharksfin soup though... :(