Monday, June 11, 2007

One of those sucky days......

Today is one of those days for me... You know when everything goes wrong.... nothing is right... everything that can possibly happen to you happens? Well so far it is not that bad but bad enough.....
I started my day early since today was the first day back to school so traffic is expected to be bad.... left the home early and actually got to my office on time... unfortunately as I was turning into the car park this lousy white kancil swerves out of his illegal stopover and bangs into my car.... and the conversation below took place:


Me (AC) : Excuse me, did you see my car coming?
Lousy Guy (LG) :You cut into the lane...
AC : No I did not...
LG : I dun wanna argue.. lets just settle this... I give you RM50...
AC : 50? RM50 definitely not enough.... You bang my car door.. obviously it needs to be knocked back and respray the entire door..
LG : You can just spray that area..
AC : No you cant... There is no paint shop that does such a thing.. it would look patchy..
LG : I pay you RM50 la..
AC : Rm50 wont cover the cost..
LG : Hey, I am trying to settle this okay... if I get knocked I dun even bother to claim...
AC : Yeah.. that is you, not me.. Yours is a old kancil.. mine is a brand new car... (not so new now thanks to him!!)
LG : Ya, my daughter get knock also I just ask her to leave... no point...
AC : That is you...
LG : I can just leave now... what can you do...?
AC : No you cant..
(He tries to get into his car and i walk up to his car and stood in front of it)
AC : I just want to settle this...
LG : You want to report police go report la... I am not going to co-operate...
AC : But you are in the wrong..
LG : I can say you cut in...
AC : The reason I cut in is because there is 2 lanes but you illegally parked on one of the lanes, so how can I drive on that lane? Definitely you are in the wrong.. there is a yellow line and you park..
LG : I did not park.. I was driving out...
AC : You were parked..
LG : No, I was sitting in the car
AC : Yellow line means cannot stop also...
LG : What you want? I just want to settle this quickly... tell me what you want? money? How much?
AC : I dun know how much it would cost.. why cant we just bring it to the shop and ask?
LG : I dun want to waste my time.... How much you want? (Show me his wallet and open it up)
AC : I really dont know how much it would cost.. I do not want to cheat you... Wait you say I simply give a number...
LG : You want all my money? (Takes all the cash oout of his wallet).... nah take lah...
AC : I dun want all of it..
LG : Tell me la how much...
AC : I think RM200 should cover... (Hopefully it does... or else I have to fork out the rest of it)
LG : Nah, take... (handed me RM200)... I got no time to follow you to shop and all..
AC : actually all you need to do is give me your contact.. I can bring it to the shop myself and I just tell you how much..
LG : No lah.. I dun want the hassle... I just want to settle it.. I would not even bother if I got knocked...
(climbs into his car and I climb into mine and drive off separately.... )


Have you even seen a more obnoxious guy.. good this i managed to get him to pay for it... i am still so sad... :( my 3 months old car just had it's first accident... It is just not fair... so innocently kena... just because someone was doing something illegal... :( and to top it all off... I was late for work because of that idiot....
So next thing that happened... I just bought a phone yesterday.... no... not because i suddenly got rich... but my own phone drowned... could not be rescued... then my sister passed me her motorola V3... unfortunately it was a bit cranky already... got about 2 years old.. it kept shutting off by itself... screen turns blank... it cant pick up the calll when I flip it open but when I flip it close it cuts the line etc..... hence.. I needed a new phone... manage to scout one within budget... Sony Ericsson k618i.... :) quite a decent phone with all the functions that is needed including 3G and a 1G memory card...
Unfortunately, there was one thing that was bad... somehow it could not read my sim card info.. all my contacts refused to appear accept for my family and my bf... hmmm.... how did it know that those were the important numbers? haha!!! So I called the customer support center and he said i need to bring it to a service center and luckily there was one in Uptown... when he gave me directions on where it was located there was a miscommunication... I ended up imagining a different entrance than the one the guy mentioned and I walked the entire uptown without finding the place... and after getting the number of the shop and I called.. lo behold it was just a slight distance from my office... I walked for nuthing.. completed my quota of exercise for the day :(
Then when I got there and they checked... nothing could be done... all they could do for me was transfer my contacts into another phone (yeah..other models can read my sim except the one I bought) and they would bluetooth it over to my phone...
So that was my day so far.. it is only 1400 hrs... wonder whether anything else would happen.... but so far, it has been a sucky day.... :(
Oh ya... because of all the hassle with my phone... I missed lunch.... have to go for a meeting now... :( me hungry... sniff sniff.....

No comments: