Friday, May 23, 2008

All geared up....

The date of my Mount Kinabalu ascent is looming near... as I get myself prepared I also invested in a few must-have items.. (well maybe not must-have but want-to-have items... )

Check out what new pressies I got for myself... Santa was not around to give me any... :(
First off... my hikings shoes... Must have proper shoes to ensure my feet are well protected and I have sufficient grip.... My shoes got Vibram soles for maximum traction on wet or dry land and Gore-tex material to ensure my feet stay dry.... Design by Timberland... thanks mummy for the voucher contribution!! hehe!!
Next up is my Vaude backpack.... it's actually a outdoor biking bag but it suited my purpose... its a 20 + 5L bag with allocation slot for my hidration pack... has an innovative F.L.A.S.H harness adjust to ensure a perfect fit!! can be adjusted for my size and for someone larger who might be carrying it some parts of the hike... (ahem ahem... hint hint!! hehe!!)... definitely a usefull function!! It has back support which creates space between me and my bag giving me plenty of ventilation....With the backpack, we must not forget my hidration pack right? and what better than a Camelbak to quench my thirst... got a 2L pack... should be sufficient since there will be water stations along the hike... :)
Lastly, I got my Mizuno Dryscience T-shirt... this was not an intended purchase... but I was advise during my backpack purchase that I wear t-shirts with such material so as to not absorb my sweat and leave me cold when the air is cool up on Mount Kinabalu... so taking this advise I just kept a lookout.... lo-behold I saw these t-shirts for 50% off... haha!! just my luck..so i grabbed 2... :)

I am pleased with all my purchases but I am also super broke after it... I have spent way more than I have expected just to climb 1 mountain... haha!! Hope it is worth it!!
I have better be making use of all my purchases... Kenot stop hiking after mount Kinabalu..!!!! Kenot Kenot!! I will rugi!! haha!! So for anyone who is reading this and have hiking plans, feel free to call me... I just might join you... haha!!

5 comments:

mocha said...

wahhh..... semangat!! hahaha.... gud gud...

Anonymous said...

i think u need the climbing stick rite? that item is important for beginners i guess, pro also using it.

Nihcia said...

Eh!! mesti semangat ma... haha!! Nanti tak sampai kang?

Yup yup... still missing that stick...Ming says got RM30 stick somewhere... haha!! where ar Ming?

Anonymous said...

the rm30 one...better u use the ranting kayu found di kaki gunung lah. get anything more than rm50 and can retractable one. if no use time, can simpan in ur ears like monkey king.

Nihcia said...

Aiyo... the ones we saw were Rm150 minimum...that also look like tongkat wan... haiz....

Wah...if got the one like Monkey God one I also want....keep in ear...haha!!