Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tin Kosong...

I just couldnt resist not telling this story...

After a long hiatus from gym... about 3 months i think.. and an even longer break from Yoga (probably 6 months) I was gungho enough to join an Astanga Yoga class at Jaya 33... When I got into the class, there was only another girl (lets call her TK) and the yoga instructor (YI) in the hall.. so I sat down quietly and this conversation transpired between them:

TK : I came all the way from Subang you know...
YI : Who was your instructor there?
TK : Oh, first it was A, then he left then B, then he left then C and now it is *gesturing that it has went downhill every since*
YI : Oh I see... Do you attend D's class.?
TK : Who?
YI : D
TK : Oh no...I attended A, then B then C and after that *gesturing again that it went downhill since then*
YI : Okay okay...
TK : I only attend Astanga.. I never miss their classes... but now no good Astanga class there..
-another girl(UB) walks in and quietly sits down-
TK : I drove all the way from Subang to here you know...
YI : Okay okay.. I know I know...
- then the class started-

As the class progressed on.. I was regretting my choice of attending an Astanga class after such a long break.. I should have went to Hatha... gosh.. it was straining me in all places.. the poses were so difficult... aiyo... not very la.. actually some of them were normal but some of then were thew tougher extension to the normal (i bet it was becoz TK repeated said he came all the way so YI assumed she must be good)... but it seems that she wasnt as good as she tot too.. haha!! As much as I struggled with all the poses (it was really bad for me... legs shaking, hands shaking) but I endured it quietly.. I am not one to give up... but looking towards TK, she was also not fairing very well... now UB was a different story...she was super fit and strong.. all poses were totally not an issue with her at all... she did everything beautifully....

Towards the end of it all..

YI : Now, lets try the headstand...
-I looked at him with my eyes wide open-
YI : Just try...
Me : Let me see how it is done (and I looked over to UB, YI did not demonstrate. He assumed we all knew how)
YI : You dont know how to do it?
Me : Nope...

So I just stood and stare... UB was so stabil... she just got herself into position, slowly lifted her legs and she was up...

As for TK, she pretended to try but before she could even lift herself up...

TK : Should I do this if my neck hurts?
YI : You have a neck injury?
TK : Erm... No... erm... kinda..
YI : Okay, then dont do it... try this instead (he demonstrated something like a frog stance which required us to lift our bodies onto our hands)

I just gave up... TK tried or pretended to try... couldnt seem to get herself up as well even though she has been going to every Astanga class with out fail...

Now back to UB... she was still in her headstand... the YI told her to do a scissors leg.. which means opening it up while still on a headstand and then putting one leg front and the other back and then repeating it for the opposite leg.. Yikes!! she was good!! The YI told her to try another pose... which was to lay almost flat to the ground, one leg front and one leg back and lift herself off the floor with her hands... which she also did beautifully... *clap clap clap*

Then the class ended with the meditation session and the lights were off.. when the lights came back on UB has left to TK's surprise...

TK : Eh ? Where is she?
YI : Oh she left... This is her second class.. she attended my Hot Yoga before this...
TK : Oh.. I also used to attend to classes at one go...
-YI just smiles... collected our cards and said thank you-

This is a classic example of diam-diam ubi berisi vs the tin kosong....

Lesson to learn is dont try to act smart if you are not.... haha!! I found the class quite amusing... but I doubt i will attend another until I am more fit for it... hehe!! I am well aware of my abilities and inabilities...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

go cooking class lah and make more makanan. can call friends to come n have a taste mah

Nihcia said...

waah... like that lagi fat la.. kenot kenot!!!
Nanti tak sampai puncak Kinabalu.... haha!!