Monday, May 12, 2008

Customer Service...

I went to Umai-ya Japanese restaurant at Uptown 37 yesterday for mother's day.... I pre-booked a table so that we need not wait... as we sat down... I asked whether a coupon I had was valid and they said no since they were having a Mother's Day buffet and the coupon was not applicable for buffet... No ala carte would be served...
I was not pleased as I was not pre-informed that they were only going to serve buffet.. had I known I would have chosen an alternative venue... I told the waitress that they should have mentioned this during my reservation for the table... she re-questioned me whether I was sure I was not informed in which I re-confirmed this fact... anyway, the waitress excuse herself to speak to her manager about my complaint...
To be frank, I expected them to come back insisting only the buffet will be served... I just wanted an explanation or at least an apology for the mistake and I would have left for another venue... But surprise surprise.. the waitress not only apologise for their mistake (after confirming again I was not informed at point of reservation) she then continued on to tell us that we could order ala carte and the coupon can be used...
I truly commend their Customer Service as well as their sense of responsibility towards their own mistake and their customers' satisfaction.... I am truly impressed of such services rendered in Malaysia...
As a whole... the meal was good.. food was not too bad except for the fact that there wasnt much meat selections on the menu but all in all it was good... I would recommend anyone to go not only for the food but to support an establishment which is true to their industry which is service... Kudos...

No comments: